Contact

Sunday, February 3, 2008

Number 18: "I don't care what you say, she is a real girl"

Ask me how much I care about the Super Bowl? Very little. If I have to pick a team it would be the Patriots, just so I can say to my kids, "Hey guys, you know, I saw the year the Patriots go 19-0", and they will respond, "Wow Dad, you really are so manly for caring about football. We respect you for that."

With that said, here is a little skit I did for this Sunday:




Fortunately due to the high compression of the video, thus destroying the quality of the video, you can't really tell how bad the blue screening is. We don't have a very good system set up for lighting yet, so trying to effectively blue screen someone is a cumbersome affair. Regardless, the congregation seemed to enjoy it, and I am sure that was due to my awesome cameo.

And no, I haven't forgotten; here is my vote for Best Comedy of 2007:

I could have gone the hipster route and given this award to Juno, but the main character really annoyed the trash out of me. She reminded me of this girl I went to college with, and she really annoyed the trash out of me. But I was glad to see that Micheal Cera redeemed himself from his awful choice of script and character in Superbad (which, coincidentally, won an award for Superbad Movie of 2007).

But there was one movie made in 2007 that completely blew my mind:

"Lars and the Real Girl"

Sometimes I pathetically forget how brilliant an actor Ryan Gosling is. Without being pretentious or contrived he completely convinced me that he was in love with a mail-order doll. And (without offering too much of a spoiler to those of you who are going to see this movie later), I was nearly moved to tears at the end when he lost her. That's right, I almost cried for the sake of a doll.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I watched the video without sound. I'm studying in the library. Needless to say, I don't think I got the joke. I need to invest in some headphones, if we even have the technology.

Anonymous said...

she annoyed the trash out of me also.
i am glad to hear you had the same opinion.