Contact

Monday, April 7, 2008

Number 26: "Eating chlorotabs like Skittles, or, Better Jump on the bandwagon before it fills up."

When I lived in Oklahoma I thought I had bad allergies. But then I moved to Atlanta and realized I have horrible allergies. Pollen moves through the air as thick as smog, covering everything with a yellow green film. It really is quite remarkable, waking up to find the once black streets now a strange shade of green. So I knock back allergy medication like it is candy and pray that the summer heat gets her and kills everything.

But in better news:

A few months ago my dear friend Bailey and I decided that we needed an American League Baseball team to cheer for. We quickly decided against the natural choices of the Red Sox and Yanks, instead opting for a more unlikely team to cheer for: the Tampa Bay Rays.

In the 1o or so years of their existence the Rays have never even come close to winning half their games. They are perpetually the worst team in baseball, a joke of an organization whose only real news has been whether or not to keep the "Devil" in front of "Rays" (which they decided to drop this spring).

But there is hope. Since Bailey and I have started cheering for the Rays they went 18-8 in Spring Training, and are currently ahead of both the Yanks and BoSox in the A.L. East. Granted, this is more than likely to change, but we are not cheering for a division title, or even a playoff berth. Nay, we are rooting for a winning season, a season that has more wins than losses, or heck, even a season with as many wins as losses!

Oh, and I promise to put up another video soon.

No comments: